Friday, July 23, 2010

videos

Matisse and Picasso

I chose this video at random.
This video talks about the up and coming about these to artists. How they were brought to be famous. It tells the differences in styles as well. Matisse as strategically planning each of his works and Picasso on impulse. A lot of this is talked about in the book. I liked this video it provided more of an explanation of the two artists.


Dance at the Moulin de la Galette (Renoir)


I chose this video at random as well as the rest of them.
Painting techniques such as the lighting and strokes with the brush were key concepts about this video. It also gave some historical conditions of the 19th century about women's roles and conditions they were forced to work.I liked this video it went along with the text where it talks about Renoir

Abstract Expressionism and Pop: Art of the 50's and 60's

This video was chosen at random.
This video discusses various artists through out this time period. The most well known to me was Andy Warhol. This video gives insight into how colors and techniques were used to provide abstracts. The book touches on this a little bit and also touches on Andy Warhol a bit.This video was very informative.

The Sunday on la Grand Jatte

This video was selected at random. The video talks about the techniques used to make this painting. It discusses the significance of the monkey and when it was added to the painting. I liked this video. The readings in the book provide for a better understanding of the video to help understand some of the techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment