My mask- I used the three inspirational images below to create my mask. I sketched this in my sketch pad and went on to use water colors to paint it. My paint job is pretty pitiful but that can be attributed to my lack of artistic ability as well as the cheap paintbrush I used. I tried to take the hair from the one image and use it a little different in mine. I took a crown from one of the images and used the striped black and white from the other. I added some of my own color. I also tried to use unity but may have not done a great job of that. I tried not to make the mask to complicated so it would have the element of harmony. I also tried to use balance with the stripes,some unfortunately are unequal in size. I also included balance in the 2 red dots that were supposed to be jewels, on either side of the chin.

Overall I enjoyed making this mask. I always enjoyed looking at the African mask and the chance to make one myself was neat. I enjoyed working with the water colors again on this mask.
No comments:
Post a Comment