This video was interesting. One concept i found interesting was the extent an artist went to find his own materials. Such as picking his/her own individual stone or marble. I also found it interesting as to how they test the rocks for cracks in them and how they can tell if it is cracked.
Glass and Ceramics
This video was the one i found to be most familiar with. It made me remember my freshman and sophmore year in high school where I took Ceramics I and Ceramics II. The modeling and the shaping of clay to form they want it and then, firing it at just the right temperature in the kilm before being able to apply glazes and what not. It was interesting to see some one glaze it b using his bare hands. In my class my projects would be fired in the kilm, brought back to me to paint with a glaze and then fired again.
Installation art
This video was most difficult to understand I thought. I guess it was because I was trying to figure out where to go for my project the whole time while watching. I was getting confused on what to do, I kept seeing large projects and was wondering if that was expected of me. The most interesting thing with that is the planning process that goes along with it.
Praire Style
I found the Tomak house to be very interesting. From the layers of horizontals to the lines everything seemed to follow. Everything was in perfect unity. It was almost looked like a vacation home from the inside but from the outside almost look like a school. Very unique architecture. All of the views in each house were exquisite and I liked them.
The Chapter for the most part were more of a brief introduction into the topics, with the exception of the one that gave an evolution history. The videos helped to explain the concept and really show the process and end result of things.
The videos helped me overall with an understanding of each topic, with the exception of the installation art video. The installation art video was almost too confusing for me to understand what is truly meant by it.
No comments:
Post a Comment