Saturday, July 17, 2010

videos...

African Art: Cultural Meaning

I chose this video because of all the styles in these last few chapters, I feel I like the African style best. Something interesting I learned from the video is that most of the artwork found in museums is no more than 200 years old. This is because the materials they are usually made with. This video went into detail about the African mask. This coincides with the textbook because the textbook touches on the beliefs and uses behind the African mask but the video takes it further and shows demonstrations. I like this video, I feel it helped explain more than the textbook actually does, especially in regards to the masks.

African Art- Legacy of Oppression

I chose this video as a follow up to the previous African Art video I watched. These video were short so I felt it would keep my attention and I wouldn't tune out. This video taught me a little about the African history regarding the previous kings and rulers. This video went into great detail to talk about the African mask even more so then the previous video. Both videos kind of coincide with each other as well as the textbook. Both these video are a good tool to use when teaching about the African style whether an online course or traditional style. These were both very helpful in understanding. It helped that the videos weren't very long.

Buddhism:

I chose this video because I wanted to learn a little more about the Buddhism way. Tiger Woods seems to always mention getting away from his Buddhist foundation while struggling with his personal situation, so i wanted to learn more since I have the opportunity. This video taught me about Buddhism belief and not feeding into desires or filling ego. This part of the video helped me understand what Tiger was actually relating to. I also learned about Nirvana in this video. This video was a good video that picked up from the text. This video placed more emphasis on the Buddha inspired things around the world more so then the text. I liked this video, it helped me understand Buddhism better than just reading about it. I think hearing it and seeing visuals helps the learning process to something your not accustomed to.

Hinduism.

I chose this video because it was another short one. Also because Buddhism was interesting so I figured this would be as well. This video talked about the cycles in life, death and rebirth, as well as the belief in reincarnation. This video talks about how many gods are believed in and it doesn't centralize around one god. This video went along with the the briefing in the text just as the rest of them did. I liked this video and feel it is needed to help understand Hinduism.

No comments:

Post a Comment