Creating the Value you scale and Color Wheel were pretty easy. If I had to choose, I'd say the value you scale was a little harder to make. The Color Wheel was more fun to make, and it brought back memories of when I was a little kid playing with paint. I enjoyed working with the paint more because it was more exciting to me. It was fun mixing the paint and watching them transition from one color to the next after placing them on the wheel. I did the the primary colors in large circles, secondary in the smaller circles and i used the outline of the circle to transition my tertiary colors. The most important discovery in this project to me, really was just the realism involved in making the colors. Too often I take colors for granted. Discovery the different colors involved in making certain colors was a neat discovery. I also played around and made many other odd colors that I did not place on the wheel. The discovery i found in the videos was the discovery of neutral colors by mixing the colors across the wheel. I found that interesting. I also found the four different ways to mix colors to be very helpful, which i learned from one of the videos. Overall this was a fun project. The value scale was a little boring but the painting more than made up for it.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Value Scale and Color Wheel
Creating the Value you scale and Color Wheel were pretty easy. If I had to choose, I'd say the value you scale was a little harder to make. The Color Wheel was more fun to make, and it brought back memories of when I was a little kid playing with paint. I enjoyed working with the paint more because it was more exciting to me. It was fun mixing the paint and watching them transition from one color to the next after placing them on the wheel. I did the the primary colors in large circles, secondary in the smaller circles and i used the outline of the circle to transition my tertiary colors. The most important discovery in this project to me, really was just the realism involved in making the colors. Too often I take colors for granted. Discovery the different colors involved in making certain colors was a neat discovery. I also played around and made many other odd colors that I did not place on the wheel. The discovery i found in the videos was the discovery of neutral colors by mixing the colors across the wheel. I found that interesting. I also found the four different ways to mix colors to be very helpful, which i learned from one of the videos. Overall this was a fun project. The value scale was a little boring but the painting more than made up for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment