Friday, June 25, 2010

The two blogs that i reviewed were Justin Mejak's and Shirley Newland

Justin and I did not share any of the same images as each other.

Shirley and I on the other hand had two of the same images selected: The Wedding, Ca-Gari Melchers-1982, oil on canvas and Dinamismo Di un Cane- Gia Como Balla-1912, oil on canvas.
The reasons for our connections or selection of Dinamismo Di un Cane is relatively the same as each other "walking dogs". However her connection or interpretation of The wedding is different: she wrote: This painting draws me in because of the expressions on the bride and groom's face. I feel like both parties are dreading the wedding. He seems like a heavy burden has just been placed upon his shoulders. While the bride looks scared but almost in a trance-like state, accepting her fate. It is her meditative state that connects me to this painting. I took a course at Daemen College that taught me how to get into that state of mind.

Read on in my blog to see my connection with it..........lol

I didn't really see any more art that caught my eye except on Justin's blog I liked 100 Cans' by Andy Warhol. I don't really connect with it other than the fact that I eat a lot of Campbells soup, but it was a neat painting to look at.

Getting a chance to review other blogs, was fun. It was fun to read some of the interpretations of the artwork, especially the one that was the same as mine and seeing two different connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment