Sunday, August 8, 2010

AED 200 reflection

My expectations for this course were to basically learn more about art and maybe to learn enough to where as I may be able to find art interesting in the future. For the most part these expectations were met. I learned a lot about art as well as the history and movement within art. I don't necessarily find art that interesting but more so than before this class. This class has taught me a lot about elements, exhibits, techniques, etc. Art is still the same to me as it was in week 1, "art to me is a way of communicating and expressing feeling in ways other than talking". I did not have a favorite artist in week 1 and I still do not really have a favorite. I tend to like the art that connects in some way to me or attracts my eye. I did find Henri Matisse interesting throughout this course however. After taking this course online, I feel it was best suited for my skill level. I am not very skilled artistically and this course kept me from seeing other people art and being discouraged by it. Online courses are very convenient and gives you a little wiggle room as far as scheduling. I would take another online course after this one. This one was fun. I like the blogging, and uploading of things, photobucket etc. Things I don't tend to use much.

No comments:

Post a Comment